EX USB disconnection - investigaton

We are investigating some cases where users experience continuous disconnections of the EX console on certain PCs.
We have yet to be able to reproduce the issue in house. So we are asking users who are experiencing this issue to first replace the default USB cable with a new one and if the problem persist, please report the issue to vistasupport@chroma-q.com

Include the computer model, operating system version.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I have had an issue when plugging in a dmx line it the EX desk starts to power cycleand disconnects from the pc.
I assumed that it was an issue with the DMX line. I ended up running it through a splitter. But after seeing this I need to investigate it more

Any news about this investigation.

I had a lot of problems last week with the connection, but I will check with another USB cable first

I’m not sure if the EX is powered solely via USB but the MV is and my computer did not supply enough power for it to work consistently. Adding an external powered USB hub immediately fixed the problem with my MV console.

The EX has a separate power supply.

I had the same idea, so I will try with a powered USB hub this weekend.

I was able to make this problem happen repeatedly by locking the PC while Vista was running. Upon logging back into the computer the USB connection was lost and only a system restart would get it back.

This is a fairly old issue that was solved in the R3 update. Can you confirm which build you are currently running?

I don’t remember which version we were running but it was probably not R3. It was also on a windows machine that was not set up in console mode. We are now running R3 on a dedicated machine in console mode and this problem hasn’t happened lately.

Issue exists on Mac OS High Sierra on newest version of R3, Big Sur, as well as windows 10, latest build on a dedicated computer, fresh install. Computer sits idle for 20-30 minutes, console disconnects. On mac, must un plug and plug in to get to connect, on Windows, can click search for USB devices, it reconnects and triggers a cuelist changing all the lighting. Frustrating, what build must I run to have this software be stable and just stay connected??