Hello, I updated the OS on a computer in another venue and now I have an alert saying that another vista node has been detected on this network group. Syncing the show around the network may take a few minutes. Please confirm that it is ok to sync the show now? This can also be done via the Network window at a later stage.
I don’t know what any of this means. Can someone please help? Thanks
You have two Vista instances running on your network.
This pop up is to engage tracking backup.
Press No.
When I do that, Vista just sits and spins. This didn’t happen prior to updating the upstairs machine to Sequoia. I have to shut off the other machine in order for the other one to open. I noticed that the Node Name is blank in preferences / network. Should I name each vista machine a different Node Name?
I’m wondering if I have a network issue. And to be clear, I barely know how to operate vista much less configure it.
Below is connection universe for the upstairs.
Here’s the downstairs.
do things look normal?
You need to be in the “file > tracking backup” window.
You will see one if only system is online.
Select your machine:
Press edit configuration.
Give this console a group name
Press OK
Save the showfile.
You can repeat this step on the secondary machine:
It is the “group” name that tells the consoles whether they should work together, or not.
Having said this, if your two spaces really are separate lighting control systems, one would argue they should each be in a separate VLAN on your network, but that’s a separate general networking discussion.
That worked! Thanks so much.
Yes, I’m currently working on a VLAN plan.
Thanks!
1 Like