Launch Pad

Hi all! I have an S1 but I’m looking at doing a midi launch pad just for busking come cuelists for a festival. What is a good launch pad to purchase for vista?

I have a Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3 and I love it! It’s small and compact and loaded with features. Pretty easy to set up as well. I would definitely suggest getting one. I’ve busked entire shows off of it without a problem.

https://novationmusic.com/en/launch/launchpad-mini

I have a launchpad mini and I am trying to figure out how to use it with Vista. And guidance on a walkthrough?

I typically have it set to send Midi commands to vista, and then set each cuelist to play or release via those midi notes. So in cuelist properties go to the Midi tab and set the midi note to match the one for the launchpad. Haven’t done it in a while though so I don’t entirely remember all the steps. Let me know if you need any more help and I can get mine out and try it.

Drew

Curious, it looks like the launchpad mini can have the buttons be lit? Is that possible to do with Vista?
(It looks to be able to do that through ableton live? But I’m not familiar with that program, perhaps I need to learn it).

There’s an app called Novation Components that you can download from the Novation website. Using the app, you can configure your launchpad mini so you can set custom colors on each button and configure midi commands to connect with Vista. Unfortunately, the buttons don’t change colors like a vista playback console would, but it still works great and gives you a lot more buttons than most vista consoles for significantly cheaper.

Drew