More MIDI Control Options

The new system looks great! I’m really excited to try the fx masters, and being able to merge show files is awesome!

One thing that would be nice to have would be more midi control options for cues, cue lists, and fx masters. At the very least, being able to tap tempo using an external midi source would be really useful. It would also be nice to be able to control parameters using the velocity of the midi note being sent (similar to how they do it on GrandMA consoles). So for example, you could set the cuelist intensity from Ableton or Pro Presenter. This would help to give more customizable looks while having fewer redundant cuelists.

Question for you, if you could have OSC control rather than Midi would that be better? Just trying to gauge which way external control is going.

@ben.coleman Both would be great, but I think Midi would be a good first step due to it’s popularity, and the versatility it allows in controlling external hardware.

MIDI would be nice because most things already have some kind of midi implementation. OSC would be be pretty cool though, because it would make it easy to use apps like TouchOSC to build custom control surfaces. One use case I see for that would be to make a more volunteer friendly controller using an iPad for some of the smaller events we do. However, if it’s one or the other I’d want MIDI since there are a bunch of OSC to MIDI conversion programs out there already.

I second that - better MIDI than TouchOSC, more MIDI compatible controllers and converters for TouchOSC.

What would really be awesome for me is a “recall” option on presets and especially snapshots! Link a snapshot to a MIDI note and recall for example window setups without wasting precious vista buttons.

Midi please

It would be great if the note picked the cuelist and the velocity picked the cue. There are midi show control options out there but to handle that basic input natively would be incredible!

Another vote for Midi. It would be awesome to use midi gear like Palette for small, low cost show control. Even something that allowed for individual dimmer control somehow that would allow me to easily control hazer fan/output.

More Midi please

+1 :grin: please !!!