V3 Dark Mode

Working through the transition from V2 to V3. One thing that pops out immediately is the use of a black background on almost every screen. This is especially noticeable on the Fixture Chooser screen. I’ve tried to like it, but it just makes things too hard to see. Changing the background color to a lighter color doesn’t address the docked windows. Is there a way to go back to the lighter theme used in V2?

The theme is actually a very dark blue, but you are correct it is dark. This was actually a popular request, to darken the appearance, from Vista users that use the console at the back of a theater auditorium for example.

Fear not though, there is a light version available too. Press “view > window themes”, press “load factory theme” and select “artusa light”, This uses much lighter blues and grays. This is actually my preferred theme 90% of the time.

You can use this as starting point to create your own theme if you would prefer. Almost everything is theme-able.

Perfect. I can absolutely see how it would work better in a open house booth. We work from an enclosed booth, so it’s less of an issue for us.