S3 console disconnecting from usb

Hello, wondering if there has been any solution found to this issue. We have a new Mac mini M1 and experiencing the periodic “USB disconnected” and vista freeze issue. We just switched from Vista running on a PC, not realizing that Vista 3 with S3 console had this issue. Hoping to not have to switch back as that is a very old PC. I will open a ticket as well, but hoping someone might know if a fix was found? Thanks!

I just stumbled on this post after having these issues with my S1 on big sur (macbook 15" touch bar 2015) vista 3 R3. I didn’t have this issue on Catalina on vista 3 R2 (macbook 13" touchbar 2016).

I needed my 13" Catalina macbook for other things so I went with the other setup, sadly after running vista over 8 hours today without a problem at the end of the show my black out didn’t “go” … What a timing… it also kicked out my Artnet connection so that was fun… I will send a ticket with logs…

Because i made the last show on R3 i will try the beta build (because the non-beta didn’t recognize my art-net node) on my Catalina machine hoping this will circumvent the error.
it’s only very difficult because the problem only shows up very sporadically but when it occurs it’s a real deal breaker and a show stop… i’m a little afraid to use the R3

At my church we use an S3 with a PC running R3… no issues whatsoever.

However I actually used an S1 with my mac and had some issues with DMX output one time… i waited a day and it worked fine.

My best guess is that its some sort of issue with the combination of USB and Mac, especially Big Sur.

Drew

So tested today on my catalina 13" macbook, had the same issue with R3.1 this morning and now also R3.1.

To be sure I replaced the usb cable too. So unless my S1 broke, my gues would be it has something to do with the R3 release. So going back to R2 for now.

Have you tested R3 and R2 on the same machine and determined that R3 is the issue? Would also be interesting to see if this can be replicated on Windows or if it’s just a Mac issue.

Drew

So a little update also on the quick support from Vista.

I’m not sure and haven’t found the problem yet but it may be that my S1 is faulty, or it may be that my cheap art-net node isn’t working properly so I need to do some thoroughness testing before blaming the new version/release.
The only weird thing is that the R2.4 worked properly. So i still assume there is something in my setup not working properly with something in R3.

I only had not the time to find out what it is yet.

I switched over to a PC a couple years ago. and everything worked fine. I updated to V3 recently and the problem came back. Any ideas on what I should start with.

Honestly, try Vista support. You can email them your showfile and your exact setup and they will be able to give you good advice. Plus the reply time is usually under 24 hours, depending on time of day.