MV holds DMX output when Vista is not running

We just upgraded from an M1 to an MV. When we quit Vista, the old M1 would send no signal through the DMX out ports, which allowed our wall panel to take over. With the new MV, when we quit Vista the DMX output is held (frozen) to whatever it is right before the Vista application is closed.

Is there any way to change this functionality so that it sends no DMX signal when Vista is not running, like the M1 did?

(Our current workaround is either unplugging the cable from the DMX out port or powering down the computer, but we would like to keep our computer running for other reasons and would prefer to not have to unplug cables.)

The MV requires a firmware update for that process to happen automatically.

This new firmware will be rolled out as part of the next software release (which is not too far in the distant future). In the meantime the best thing to do is to unplug the USB when not using Vista.

Okay, got it. We will update to the new firmware when it is released. Thank you!

Has this Software Release and Firmware update happened yet? We have been having this issue for multiple of our customers and we would like to offer them a solution and not have it happening on new projects when we install Vista.

Will the firmware automatically update with the new software or do the MVs have to be sent in?

Hi Chris,

The software is in its mature stages of public beta. The software is available for review here should you wish to check it out for yourself.

https://vistaforum.chroma-q.com/t/vista-3-r3-public-beta-2-now-available/1712

The firmware is automatically uploaded the first time you run R3.
Please make sure you have one Vista device connected at a time when you attempt this.

Dear Jack,

I downloaded Vista3_R3_21627.
Is this the latest version?
I can open the program and create a patch but as soon as I turn on an effect the application quits… my Mac is running on 10.15.7…

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

Teus

Hi Teus.

Please could you submit a support request regarding this:

Please include a short video of the problem. A copy of your showfile and an export of the log files.

We will then be able to further advise.

Thanks
Jack

Thanks Jack,

I just did :)))

have a nice weekend

Hi Jack,

when I start, put some fixtures in the patch and then safe the show file it keeps running:) so for now, that’s the trick… it runs for hours now. I tried it again… start Vista, create a patch and work a wile without saving will make Vista stop running…
So hopefully this help you guys…