New Consoles and Hardware

Chroma-q acquired Vista in 2018 and promised large format consoles in addition to the EX and MV (with screens). It’s been 6 years, and I believe the last time new hardware was mentioned was 2020. With the continued bugginess of new software releases and the lack of new hardware, I want to know if there is truly a future with Vista. I really like Vista but between how long it takes to fix serious bugs and no promised hardware delivered; other systems such as Onyx or even MA onPC are looking extremely promising. Even when you compare prices. I’d like to stay on Vista in our multiple venues that currently run it, but my confidence in Chroma-q to continue to support and improve Vista is low. Hoping the devs and moderators on here can give us some insight to Vista’s future.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks for your post!

Your timeline is correct. In all honesty, we haven’t really stopped talking about new hardware. I’d happily get paid by that metric! The summary is that we remain committed to launching a new family of next generation hardware. Behind the scenes we continue to work towards this every single day. We have a deep understanding of what we have, and, most excitingly, what we want to create. People like myself on the team have been with Vista for over 14 years - We are as passionate, and more impatient, than most of our userbase. We’d love nothing more than to launch a new console tomorrow.

“But you’ve been saying this for years!?” I hear you cry!! - and you’d be right once again. We would admit that it’s taken us far longer to get new hardware out there than initially expected. Having said that, we also make no apology for it because the goal is to launch a complete product. Working hardware and matching software. Something that unfortunately so many manufacturers forget about today.

This same ethos remains for our software product launches. Generally speaking we are at least 12 months ahead of where you think we are. The reason - real world testing. When we launch a new product - you’re good to go!!
Vista 3 “release 5” is almost complete and packs over 1000 changes and new features. A lot of which are game changing in the creative and programming possibilities.
Feel free to drop me a private message on here if you have any questions.

You mention “serious bugs” and the time it takes to fix them. We have new versions of Vista compiled every single day. It’s a rolling waterfall. We’d have serious bugs fixed almost immediately - if we know about them!! I’d encourage you to submit an official support request (not Forum or social media post) and we’d love nothing more than to investigate, report back and fix if necessary.

Back to “release 5” and beyond…
Whilst we continue to work on the new hardware project our goal is to continue to significantly improve the Vista software application in parallel with those background works.

As a closing thought, to perhaps further persuade you that huge things are still happening.
Dev teams are highly skilled individuals and are typically expensive costs. Over the last 6 years the team has operated at nothing less than 100% (and this includes the entire pandemic). Why would we continue to heavily invest in such if there was no longer a goal to produce what we have been aiming for all along?

Jack

6 Likes