Dedicated Audio window

Hi

I love the ability we have now to add an audio track to a cuelist and see the waveform but I think it could be even better !

A dedicated audio windows with enhanced waveform tools like zoom in / out, snap to time code, play, pause stop, skip start, skip end etc

The ability to link this with a list or play the track independently

The ability to select a cue or cue number in the CMD and then tap the wave form to set the trigger point/ timecode point for that cue allowing a very easy and visual way to program cues to a track

This way you can have multiple cues firing from one track

Maybe a way to add new cue by tapping the waveform where you want it, and if you tap between to existing points it will add a point cue for you at that time

These points csn be dragged along the waveform etc like you can do now in the timeline or cue timeline views but with a waveform bias

2 Likes

Hi iv added the audio through the cuelist properties window, is this the right way to do it so I can scrub forward and pack between cues and how do I see the waveform? iv used timecode but iv heard there is an easier way whilst programming it

thanks in advance.

The waveform should appear in your timeline view

An easier way to programme using timecode would be to use an external programme for the audio and timecode feed

I use Reaper and loop midi ti send timecode to Vista

With timecode active you can scrub in reaper and Vista will follow even over multiple lists

I then use learn timing to mark in all of my cues

Hi thanks for the reply, ill try that, maybe im doing it wrong but no waveform comes up when I select it from right clicking and cue properties? is that the right way to select the audio? vi searched the forums but no topic seem to be on audio

ill try the reeper way you mentioned,

thank you