System recommendations? (Devs?)

Hey everyone! I am inquiring here to see what kind of system I should use to build out a robust Vista rig. I work for a church, we will be utilizing 4 or 5 universes, and the ex and mv consoles. My main question is, what part of the computer does vista use the most resources?

CPU? GPU?

Is vista more stable on windows systems or MacOS?

How much processing power do I need for it to run super smooth?

There is no specific formula to “you need this type of computer”. A lot of it comes down to how the show is programmed and operated.

That said, 4 or 5 universes is not a lot of processing and any modern PC or Mac should be able to handle this as smoothly as possible.

Vista has the same stability on both platforms. The choice between the OS almost boils down to personal preference alone.

Id recommend the highest spec machine that fits within your budget. For example, on Windows - I7 16GB RAM. Embedded graphics cards are totally fine these days. Vista makes most use of the CPU.

I would say go windows bc they have more options when it comes to apps but i run on mac

i’d say go for mac because they are better to manage in terms of auto updates and such, maybe less settings in terms of boosting performance but well, you also need them less…
only down side is that you can’t install vista in console mode on mac and touchscreens can be difficult