RDM Control

I would love to have the ability to have RDM built in like the M-Series consoles.
We are currently moving to sACN outputs instead of hard connections out of the board so we can’t just plug in our RDM handheld device, we have to go backstage to connect it by the splitter output. Having it in the console would save a lot of time.

2 Likes

Yes, this is on the enhancement list for a future build.

However, in the short term, how are you converting from sACN to DMX? Most nodes now should be able to be the RDM controller. If that is the case you would just need the node software on a computer on the network to access all of the RDM parameters of the fixtures attached to it.

It is also worth mentioning that RDM is a single controller system, meaning that should a node be the controller then you would not be able to access the RDM parameters from any other controller. In order to make RDM work on a console in this case you would basically have to pass through RDM from the node. That would also mean that the node would have to support that mode as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply. We are using the DMXKing eDMX1 which says it supports RDM. I didn’t know that I would be able to use the node as the RDM source. I will check that out.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Not to make a new RDM thread but this was the only one I could find.

Any update on when V3 might support RDM directly?

I’m looking @ the DMXcat for interim use…any thoughts?

1 Like

There is no time frame on RDM implementation at this stage.

It is absolutely on the to do list but there other features and requests that we would prioritize at this moment in time.

1 Like

Any update on RDM implementation?