Keyboard shortcut to easily access rotate

Shortcut such as Ctrl-R to automatically select the rotate option when you have fixture selected

Would it be suitable if we made the “items” menu available in the main menu bar structure?

This way we could possibly make it so that all of these options can be assigned to a softkey.

Cntrl +F1 could be “rotate”, Cntrl +F2 could be “hide”… or whatever you want.

1 Like

I for one would definitely appreciate having the “items” right click menu available in the menu bar, as it opens up a lot of opportunities for macros that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.

For that matter, most of the options in the right click menu would be nice to have in the main menu structure as well (fixture groups, matrix, notes. etc). Just for better accessibility in case right clicking gets messed up or something.

I would agree with you @drewTheTechy .The feature request has been added as.

Add to “Chooser” menu:

• Items
    • Hide
    • unhide all
    • resize
    • rotate
    • icon color
    • gel color
  • Icon alignment
    • bottom
    • left right
  • Icon distribution
    • Distribute horizontally
    • Distribute vertically
  • Arrange icons in arc
  • Arrange icons in circle
  • Arrange icons in grid
  • Notes
    • add note
    • delete note
    • set note color
  • Matrix
    • Create matrix
    • Resize matrix
    • Delete matrix

Add to “patch” menu:

• Find selected fixture in patch
1 Like

Could the “Label” (previously “rename”) and “Renumber” options also be added (ideally under the items submenu in the chooser menu)?

Also, somewhat unrelated but is there a way to name matrixes? If so, could that be added either under the “Matrix” submenu or in with the “Label/Rename” option?

Out of curiosity, generally how long do features like this take to implement? This particular request seems like it wouldn’t be too difficult (it’s just adding menu items that run the code that’s already been written for the right click menu), so would it be processed sooner than later? No rush or anything, I’m just wondering.

@drewTheTechy

Could the “Label” (previously “rename”) and “Renumber” options also be added (ideally under the items submenu in the chooser menu)? - I thought about this but decided against it. My reasoning was there are already ALOT of menu options. We also already have keyboard shortcuts for these by using the command line. Label = “L[enter]”, Renumber= “R[enter]”

Also, somewhat unrelated but is there a way to name matrixes? If so, could that be added either under the “Matrix” submenu or in with the “Label/Rename” option? - A Matrix is actually a group, so you label it by labeling the group. (This could also be done using the CMD)

Out of curiosity, generally how long do features like this take to implement?
There are no rules to suggest how long software development will take. Experience tells me that requests you often think should be easy are hard, and Vice Versa. Having said this, you are likely correct - I also wouldnt expect this to take very long at all, but we still have to try and slot it into jam packed development road-maps.

Leave it with us though. :slight_smile: